Monday 2 June 2014

Heading North
One journey ends and another begins. I am always amazed at the kindness and support of people when carrying out a big journey and these next few days were no exception. I was met by Kev and my road cycle when i came out of the Fisherfields.

While I cycled down to Braemore junction Kev drove my kit around and we took it on to Leckmelm where I was staying that night before Kev returned me to the junction to climb Beinn Enaiglair, my last hill before heading north. Kev had spent the morning picking up kit I had left at Badachro, then my bike at Poolewe before coming to meet me and sorting me out at Leckmelm. 

Although not there, my friend Paul had offered me the use of his house in Leckmelm for the night. The Fisherfield trip had been full on and it was great to have a place to stop and rest for the night and enjoy a real fire.

I was in no hurry to leave the next morning and it was lunchtime when my friend Dave arrived to take all my kit north and to cycle with me to Assynt. We cycled to Elphin where I was coming back to climb Cul Mor and Cul Beag the following morning before Dave whisked me away to join himself and his mates for the evening at Beinn More Lodge which they had hired for the week. It was great to be back here as a guest this time. Years before when I had been a student I worked a couple of summer seasons for the Vestey Family and had spent some time housekeeping and cooking here.
This was a very different experience however, drinking whisky having the crack and being entertained by some great music. So thankyou to Kev, Paul, Dave, George, John, Fergus, Bruce, and Raymond 
                                              

The boys have looked after me well and set me up for my journey into the Wilds of Assynt, where I might just meet another boy who has been gallivanting around the States!.

No comments:

Post a Comment