Friday 13 June 2014

Heading South

I have spent the last few days coming through Glen Calvie, Glen Mhor and Glen Beag and out to the Fannichs and Little Wyvis. It is always good to have company but it also also feels good to be moving on my own again. This was new ground for me and some wonderful glens surrounded by the higher mountains of Seanna Braigh, Beinn Dearg and Am Fogach.


In retrospect I could have made this easier for myself and moved a little quicker had I taken a day pack, cycling with a full backpack on a mountain bike up hill into a head wind aint too much fun. But the down hill bits were great and camping out in the glen was eerie. it's a big wild place and i felt very little.
I am now at home having cycled here from Little Wyvis, my local hill. I am getting on top of blogs and replanning as I have changed my route a lot from the start.
I have now been out for 2 months, travelled through Spean Bridge, Kinlochleven, Glencoe, Glen Etive, Glen Creran, Glen Orchy, The Trossachs, Arrochar, The Borders, Arran, Jura, Mull, Rum, Skye, Harris, the Flowerdales, The Fisherfields, The Inverlael Forrest, Assynt, The Far North, Glen Calvie, Glen Attadale, and the Fannichs. I have climbed 89 mountains and raised over £2000.
I reckon things are going okay but i do want to raise more cash. The more people who know and follow, the better.
It has taken a while to get fit but I am now ready to step up a gear, I  now want to try and get my average hill numbers per day up. I reckon this will happen as the biggest distances between the mountains are over.
If anyone out there would like to offer support  in the shape of motivation on the mountains or bike and food logistics when off the hills please get in touch.
I now plan to go Strathfarrar, Strathconon, Torridon, Applecross, Strathcarron to Glen Shiel, down to Knoydart, Moidart, Ardnamurchan then over the Monadliath to the Cairngorms. At some point I am planning to finish on Beinn vrackie.
It's going to be tough and it's going to be fun.
I would like to say a big thankyou to all you guys who have helped so far, I could not do this on my own. And to all those who have donated. It is difficult to keep on top of this and thank people personally but it is all appreciated. Please keep spreading the word. Apologies for the lack of facebooking but it takes time to hang around and try to get a message to send. They will be there, just not so often.
Tarrathenoo : )

1 comment:

  1. It sounds amazing. You have done so much already. We think of you often.

    ReplyDelete