Saturday 31 May 2014

Back on land - Badachro to Poolewe

It was a tired Lorraine who cycled away from Badachro last Friday morning to head into Beinn an Eun and Baosbhein. I had been thwarted during this journey by rain and mist and today was not to be any different. Enthusiasm was waining as I trudged my way across Beinn an Eon and Baosbhein on compass bearings. I had wanted to come here for years but the Gods were not being kind. These are two long complex mountains and I am looking forward to going back again when I can choose the weather. 12 hours after leaving Badachro I was back on my bike heading for Pam and Doug's at Kinlochewe, a shelter in any storm.
I had planned to stay for the one night but as it was so late i decided to stay for two and the next day had company on the hill from Daisy and Jack, a cocker spaniel and a collie. The weather was better but energy levels were low and I decided Meall Guthais was enough for the day, leaving Ruadh Stac Beag until I was back this way in a few weeks time. It was a beautiful afternoon on returning to Kinlochewe, and there was time to feed the ducks, learn all about organic beekeeping and generally chill before cycling north the next day to Poolewe and heading into  the Wild West for 5 days.......


I

No comments:

Post a Comment